Provided by Yvette Noah, Charleston Clinical Director
- 4 peppers
- 1 lbs. lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 cup cauliflower rice
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¾ cup pico de gallo
- ½ cup feta cheese
- 1 cup sliced lettuce
- Fresh minced cilantro
- Sliced jalapenos
- Pre-heat oven to 375֯ F
- Slice each bell pepper in half. Remove stem and seeds.
- Cook ground beef or turkey over medium-high heat, breaking it up as it cooks. Cook until cooked through. Drain off any fat.
- Sautee riced cauliflower until soft.
- Combine cooked turkey or beef with cauliflower, spices and salsa
- Evenly distribute mixture into the bell pepper boats, top with cheese if using
- Bake on parchment lined baking sheet for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and peppers are hot
- Remove from oven and serve with optional toppings. Enjoy!