Coronavirus Press Release
March 14, 2020
Physician's Plan Weight Loss + Wellness is closely monitoring the outbreak of the coronavirus (COVID-19). The safety of our patients and Care TEAM is our #1 priority & we are putting additional safeguards in place:
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning our patient areas (including reception room, door handles, weigh-in + treatment rooms, restrooms, etc.) & continuing the use of viral-cide hospital-grade disinfectant.
- Increasing the deployment of antibacterial hand sanitizer for patients & TEAM Members
- Monitoring the health of each TEAM member
We recommend that our patients also follow the guidelines of the CDC (Center for Disease Control) & the
World Health Organization:
- Wash your hands before eating, after using the bathroom as well as after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing & also before/after caring for anyone ill or sick.
- The most effective way to clean hands is to wet them with clean water, then apply soap and scrub for at least 20 seconds, before rinsing and drying with a clean towel.
- Hand sanitizer is a good alternative, but it must have at least 60 percent alcohol to be effective, according to the CDC.
- Stay at home and contact your primary care physician if you are sick
- Cover your cough
- Avoid shaking hands
At Physician's Plan, your Health + Wellness is our #1 priority & we will ensure all measures are taken to protect our patients against the virus. We will continue to closely monitor the situation and will alert you of any significant impacts on our center operations. In the meantime, all offices remain open & services will remain intact with new adherence to safeguards as described above & to be initiated at the request of CDC, WHO & state health organizations.
Christopher DiOrio, DO
Physician's Plan Weight Loss + Wellness