10-Minute Lemon Garlic Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles
Low carb, paleo, keto, and gluten-free!
1 pound (450g) raw medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
4 medium zucchinis
1 tablespoons olive oil
4 tablespoons softened butter, or ghee, divided
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Pinch of red pepper flakes
Juice of 1/2 fresh lemon
1/4 cup (60ml) chicken or vegetable stock (or white wine)
Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
*Optional: Hot sauce of your choice, to taste (we used Siracha)
- Wash and trim the ends of the zucchini. Make the zucchini pasta using a spiralizer or julienne peeler and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil and 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp in one layer and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for one minute without stirring, so the bottom of the shrimps get slightly browned.
- Add the chopped garlic, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes and then stir the shrimp for another minute or two to cook the other side. Transfer the shrimp to a shallow plate.
- In the same pan, add remaining butter, lemon juice, chicken or vegetable stock, and hot sauce to the pan. Bring the sauce to a simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Stir in the zucchini noodles and cook until done, about 2 minutes, stirring regularly. Allow the sauce to reduce a bit if it’s too watery. Add the shrimp back to the pan and stir for another minute. Serve immediately with lemon slices, extra parsley, and pepper. Enjoy!
*Notes: Sometimes, zucchini tends to render some water while cooking, so you can sprinkle zucchini pasta with salt and let sit in a colander while you’re cooking shrimp. Press with your hands to remove excess water; then rinse and drain thoroughly before adding to the pan.
*Recipe and photo from eatwell101.com