*Although the ingredients might not sound appetizing, you can’t taste the difference in this healthy brownie!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Serves: 12 squares
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, well rinsed and drained
- 2 large eggs
- 3 T coconut oil, melted (or sub other oil of choice)
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Optional: walnuts, pecans or semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease an 8 x 8 pan
- Add ALL the ingredients except for the toppings in a food processor or blender. Pulse until it is smooth
- If the batter appears too thick, add a Tbsp or two of water and pulse again. It should be slightly less thick than chocolate frosting but nowhere close to runny.
- Evenly distribute the batter into the tin and smooth the tops with a spoon or your finger.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the tops are dry and a toothpick can come out clean
- Remove from oven and let cool for 30 minutes before removing from pan. They will be tender, so remove gently with a fork. The insides are meant to be very fudgy and I found them to be slightly crumbly but delicious nonetheless!
Optional: Sprinkle with crushed walnuts, pecans or chocolate chips.
For other delicious chocolate treats that won’t blow your weight loss plan, visit any Physician’s Plan location to pick up items like:
- Healthwise Hot Chocolate
- OhYeah! One Bar: Chocolate Birthday Cake
- Chocolate Biscotti
- Chocolate Caramel Candies OhYeah! Bar
- Chocolate Peanut Butter
- Chocolate Peanut Dream Bar
- Double Chocolate Quest Bar
- Chocolate Caramel Crispy Bites