This baked eggs with veggies recipe is perfect for a Mother’s Day brunch at home.
- yield: 4 PEOPLE
- prep time: 15 MINS
- cook time: 25 MINS
- total time: 40 MINS
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup red onions — diced
- 3 garlic cloves — minced
- 1 ½ cup sweet potato — diced
- 1 cup turnip — diced
- 1 ½ zucchini — diced
- 2 cups diced tomatoes can with the juice
- 1 cup homemade tomato sauce — whole30 friendly
- 3 eggs
- Pinch of chili pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Green onions for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large pan, add olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and garlic. Cook until the onions are brown. Stir frequently.
- Add sweet potato and turnip. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini, diced tomato, and tomato sauce.
- Cook until veggies are tender. If necessary, add water to help to cook the veggies.
- Spread vegetable mixture evenly in the greased baking dish (casserole dish).
- With the back of a large spoon, make three indentations in the veggies mixture.
- Crack 1 large egg into each indentation, keeping the yolk intact.
- Season eggs with salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the eggs whites are set.
- Remove from oven and garnish with green onions
Amount per serving (1/4) — Calories: 240, Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 123mg, Sodium: 361mg, Potassium: 776mg, Carbohydrates: 30g, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 13g, Protein: 8g, Vitamin A: 315%, Vitamin C: 65%, Calcium: 8%, Iron: 14%
*All text and images © OLIVIA / PRIMAVERA KITCHEN.