- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (15-ounce) can reduced-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (12-ounce) bag frozen corn kernels
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (10-ounce) cans Ro*Tel mild diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 (1-ounce) packet less-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 (32-ounce) container low-sodium chicken broth
- ¾ cup lightly salted tortilla strips
- Place the chicken in a slow cooker. Add the onion, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, green chilies, taco seasoning, and chicken broth, and stir to combine. Cover and cook on high heat for 4 hours or on low heat for 8 hours.
- Remove the chicken and shred. Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker and mix well.
- To serve, ladle the soup into bowls. Garnish each serving with 2 tablespoons of tortilla strips.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low
Yield: 6 servings
Per Serving (1¾ cups and 2 tablespoons tortilla strips):
The nutrition content of recipes on Popculture.com have been calculated by Registered Dietitian, Jessica Penner, of Smart Nutrition.