3/4 cup orzo, uncooked
1 pound large raw, peeled and deveined shrimp
1/2 T. butter
1 large shallot, minced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 t. kosher salt
1/8 t. freshly ground black pepper
Zest of a lemon
Juice of a lemon
2 T. white wine
1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
Parmesan cheese, shredded for the topping (optional)
- Cook the orzo according to the box instructions, omitting any oil it calls for.
- When the orzo is cooked drain it and set aside.
- In a large saute pan over medium high heat add 1/2 a tablespoon of butter.
- When the butter is melted add in the minced shallot and let it cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the minced garlic and the shrimp.
- Season the shrimp with the salt, pepper, and lemon zest.
- Cook the shrimp for 2 minutes on each side or until it is slightly pink and opaque.
- Add in the white wine, and lemon juice and cook for another minute.
- Turn off the heat and add in the peas, parsley, and orzo.
- Toss everything together.
- Serve immediately topped with shredded parmesan cheese.