The perfect Summer salad
1 whole mini/baby watermelon
4 ounces feta cheese, cut into cubes
Juice of 1/2 a lime
2 tablespoons fresh basil, sliced thin
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Black pepper to taste
Balsamic reduction for drizzling (can find at most grocery stores)
- Cut the watermelon into 1-inch thick slabs and lightly brush them with olive oil.
- Place the slabs of watermelon cut side down onto a heated grill and grill for about 2-3 minutes per side or until marked and warm.
- Remove from the grill and cut off the rind, then cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Toss the grilled watermelon with the basil, salt, pepper, and lime juice.
- Gently fold in the cubed feta (being careful not to break it up.)
- Drizzle the salad with the balsamic reduction before serving.