Soak up the last few weeks of Summer with this delicious grilled salmon recipe. Perfect for your last backyard cookout.
- 4 (6 oz) skinless salmon fillets
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, plus more for grill
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups Zico Coconut Water
- 1 1/4 cups canned coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice, rinsed well and drained well
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large mango, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper (1/2 large)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion, rinsed under water and drained
- 1 large avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Zico Coconut Water
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Salmon:
- In an 11×7-inch baking dish whisk together olive oil, lime zest, lime juice, garlic and season with salt and pepper to taste (a fair amount of each).
- Place salmon in baking dish, cover and allow to marinate in refrigerator 15 – 30 minutes, then flip salmon to opposite side and allow to marinate 15 – 30 minutes longer. Preheat a grill over medium-high heat during last 10 minutes of marinating.
- Brush grill grates with oil. Place salmon on grill and grill about 3 minutes per side or until just cooked through (turn carefully as the salmon will be fragile).
For the Coconut Rice:
- While salmon is marinating prepare coconut rice. In a medium saucepan bring coconut water, coconut milk, rice and salt to a full boil. Cover and simmer until liquid has been absorbed (there may be just a little bit of excess liquid in center which you can drain off), about 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork, then let rest 5 minutes.
For the Avocado-Mango Salsa:
- While the salmon is grilling prepare salsa. In a medium bowl, toss together mango, bell pepper, cilantro, red onion, avocado, lime juice, olive oil and coconut water. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve salmon warm with coconut rice top with avocado mango salsa.
*Recipe source: Cooking Classy, Author: Jaclyn