From Primavera Kitchen
Yeild: 4 People
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
This super-easy Garlic Shrimp Asparagus Skillet recipe is low-carb, gluten-free, whole30, and paleo-friendly! Perfect for a busy weeknight since this one-pan meal will be ready in about 20 minutes.
- 1 pound uncooked extra-large shrimp — peeled, 454g
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepperto taste
- A pinch of crushed red pepper or red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed ghee butter or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic — minced
- 2 cups mushrooms — sliced
- 1 bunch of asparagus — ends trimmed and cut in half
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley — chopped
- In a bowl, add the shrimp, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and onion powder. Mix everything well.
- In a cast iron skillet, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil or grass-fed ghee butter over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, and sauté for 30 seconds. Add the shrimp, and sauté for about 4 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked through. Be careful not to overcook them because they will have a rubbery texture. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the mushrooms. Sauté for 5 minutes. Then, add the asparagus, and cook until it’s tender. Stir occasionally.
- Return the shrimp to the skillet, and mix everything well to combine.
- Garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy!