Crisp and juicy pan fried chicken in balsamic, garlic and olive oil, mixed into an incredible loaded salad with Kalamata olives, Feta, Lemon flavored Quinoa and sweet grape tomatoes.
½ cup dry quinoa
1 cup vegetable or chicken stock (or water mixed with 1 teaspoon vegetable stock powder)
Pinch of salt to season
Juice of ½ a lemon
- 6 boneless chicken thigh or breast fillets, trimmed of fat
- 1 tablespoon garlic (or plain) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 teaspoon vegetable stock powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder/granules or 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 6 cups (200g | 7oz) cos lettuce, washed and shredded
- 200g | 7oz grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 100g | 3.5oz pitted kalamata olives
- 50g | 1.7oz reduced fat Feta cheese
- ½ cup continental parsley
- 2 tablespoons garlic olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
For Lemon Quinoa:
- In a small saucepan, combine quinoa, stock and salt together. Bring to the boil; reduce heat to gentle simmer, cover with a lid and cook for 15 minutes or until broth has absorbed and quinoa is soft. Remove from heat and set aside while still covered and allow to steam. After about 2 minutes, fluff with a fork. Allow to cool slightly and add the lemon juice.
- Add the chicken fillets in a large skillet or nonstick pan with the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, stock powder and garlic powder/granules. Saute the chicken until nice, crispy and golden on both sides, and cooked through. Remove from heat; allow to cool slightly, and slice into 1-inch strips.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl/jug, and whisk until mixed through.
- Combine the lettuce, tomatoes, onion, olives, Feta and parsley together in a large salad bowl. Top with chicken slices and quinoa, and drizzle with the dressing. Toss to combine. Serve with lemon wedges.